By Mary Schlembach,William Mischo
- how the collage of Arizona Libraries entry distant digital assets
- how magazine articles containing complicated arithmetic are released at the Web--including the most recent advancements in MathML, PDF, OpenMath, and extra
- how the e-resource registry procedure could be built-in with present customized Web-based companies
- tips on how to use user-centered standards to judge digital journals
- the best way to use e-prints (electronic preprints) to damage the stranglehold that magazine publishers have over technological know-how libraries
- tips on how to get the main from digital reserves-with counsel and methods for enforcing an e-reserves carrier, negotiating copyright concerns, and extra
- how one can enforce a winning present expertise prone software
- how the subsequent new release of library portals will influence sci-tech libraries
- and lots more and plenty more!
Read or Download Electronic Resources and Services in Sci-Tech Libraries PDF
Similar library & information science books
Librarians can use this e-book to turn into leaders of their colleges, taking part with academics to maintain them abreast of assets that might facilitate the inclusion of STEM within the curriculum. • deals 5 library classes for every STEM topic in accordance with a mentor textual content and a lesson for the participating instructor• presents a booktalk to curiosity the scholars and a "Book Time" part that permits for interpreting all or components of the e-book followed via a normal dialogue• exhibits the diversity of grades for which each and every lesson is such a lot acceptable and the way it may be tailored• incorporates a photograph organizer (GO Chart) with each one lesson, in addition to techniques for assessing the lesson
The interval in Europe referred to as the Belle Epoque was once a time of bright and unsettling modernization in social and political association, in creative and literary lifestyles, and within the behavior and discoveries of the sciences. those tendencies, and the emphasis on internationalization that characterised them, necessitated the advance of latest constructions and techniques for locating, disseminating, manipulating and coping with entry to info.
“Advanced know-how is indistinguishable from magic. ” --Arthur C. ClarkeThis well-researched e-book is smart of the hot advances in digital providers and assets to be had to technological know-how and know-how libraries. it's going to familiarize you with the most recent assortment improvement, reference provider, and knowledge carrier applied sciences.
Ethics and Values in Librarianship: A historical past addresses the methods of improvement of library and data sciences, mostly yet no longer solely in a western context. It makes a speciality of the field’s ethics and values. the following, Wallace Koehler, a number one researcher within the region of knowledge ethics, debunks the present thought that library and knowledge technological know-how options and ethics have and stay consistent.
- Transforming the Disciplines: A Women's Studies Primer (Haworth Innovations in Feminist Studies)
- Fundamentals of Library Instruction
- Rogue Archives: Digital Cultural Memory and Media Fandom (MIT Press)
- Popular Picks for Young Readers
Additional info for Electronic Resources and Services in Sci-Tech Libraries