By Sebastian Kim,Kirsteen Kim
totally up-to-date all through, this moment version now includes:
- a brand new bankruptcy masking Christianity in Oceania
- extra research of the early progress of Christianity in Asia and Africa
- insurance of analysis tendencies in migration, theologies of prosperity, and the position of neighborhood brokers in evangelization
- insurance of world interconnections and networks, new pursuits, international Catholicism, Christian political engagement and persecution of Christian communities
- an intensive revision of the belief, together with mirrored image at the self-discipline of global Christianity and its implications for theology
- forty photographs and maps
- bankruptcy summaries
- additional assets on-line together with a timeline and weblinks
- New textual content layout and format, making the textual content extra student-friendly and accessible
Christianity as a global faith is excellent for classes on international Christianity, Christianity as a world faith, the background of Christianity and modern Christian theology.
Read or Download Christianity as a World Religion: An Introduction PDF
Similar christian theology books
What makes us open to secret, to glimpses of the Transcendent in our day-by-day lives? the ability of the mind's eye, in accordance with Sandra Levy -- an influence that has been heavily depleted in modern day postmodern tradition. to deal with and redress this example, Levy first explores how the mind's eye expresses itself -- via ritual, tune, poetry, paintings, and tale -- after which makes a speciality of particular practices which could workout and increase our religious ability, hence commencing us as much as divine stumble upon.
What might ensue if Christians and a Muslim at a school talked and disagreed, yet particularly attempted to appreciate one another? What could they study? that's the fascinating query Peter Kreeft seeks to reply to in those creative conversations at Boston university. An articulate and fascinating Muslim pupil named 'Isa demanding situations the Christian scholars and professors he meets on matters starting from prayer and worship to evolution and abortion, from conflict and politics to the character of religious fight and religious submission.
Venerated in 2006 as a "Year's top ebook for Preachers" via Preaching journal. Why a look for the soul? Many Christians think that it's biblically trustworthy and theologically noncontroversial to talk of people having a soul. but quite a lot of biblical students are wondering even if we have now appropriately understood what the Bible potential whilst it speaks of the "soul.
St. Robert Bellarmine's theological writings at the Church of Christ represent a useful treasure not just for Catholics, yet for the commonweal and everlasting salvation of humanity itself. this can be no mild exaggeration. His is the first actual self sufficient theological and dogmatic treatise at the Church.
- Coming Home: Essays on the New Heaven and New Earth
- Talking Doctrine: Mormons and Evangelicals in Conversation
- Mashup Religion: Pop Music and Theological Invention
- Counter Culture: Following Christ in an Anti-Christian Age
- Christian Theology: The Classics
- Christ, Covenants and Salvation
Additional info for Christianity as a World Religion: An Introduction