By Trevor J. Burke,Keith Warrington
Read or Download A Biblical Theology of the Holy Spirit PDF
Similar christian theology books
What makes us open to secret, to glimpses of the Transcendent in our day-by-day lives? the ability of the mind's eye, based on Sandra Levy -- an influence that has been heavily depleted in state-of-the-art postmodern tradition. to handle and redress this case, Levy first explores how the mind's eye expresses itself -- via ritual, song, poetry, paintings, and tale -- after which makes a speciality of particular practices which can workout and enhance our religious ability, hence starting us as much as divine stumble upon.
What might take place if Christians and a Muslim at a college talked and disagreed, yet quite attempted to appreciate one another? What might they examine? that's the fascinating query Peter Kreeft seeks to respond to in those imaginitive conversations at Boston university. An articulate and interesting Muslim pupil named 'Isa demanding situations the Christian scholars and professors he meets on matters starting from prayer and worship to evolution and abortion, from conflict and politics to the character of religious fight and non secular submission.
Commemorated in 2006 as a "Year's top ebook for Preachers" via Preaching journal. Why a look for the soul? Many Christians think that it truly is biblically devoted and theologically noncontroversial to talk of people having a soul. but quite a lot of biblical students are wondering no matter if now we have properly understood what the Bible ability whilst it speaks of the "soul.
St. Robert Bellarmine's theological writings at the Church of Christ represent a useful treasure not just for Catholics, yet for the commonweal and everlasting salvation of humanity itself. this can be no moderate exaggeration. His is the first actual autonomous theological and dogmatic treatise at the Church.
- Does God Exist?: And 51 Other Compelling Questions About God and the Bible
- Church and Society in Eighteenth-Century France: Volume 2: The Religion of the People and the Politics of Religion (Oxford History of the Christian Church)
- Taking the Long View: Christian Theology in Historical Perspective
- Rhyme & Reason: Poetic Reflections of an Aspiring Theologian
- The Great Exchange (Foreword by Sinclair Ferguson): My Sin for His Righteousness
- The Theology of Louis-Marie Chauvet: Overcoming Onto-Theology with the Sacramental Tradition
Extra info for A Biblical Theology of the Holy Spirit